Welcome to a brand new year! Today we have a chance for a new beginning. Today we can discard all of those destructive, negative habits and replace them with healthy, positive ones.
We also have a leg up on anyone who set a New Year’s Resolution … we have the goal planning process which takes those dreams and makes them reality! With attitude and habit replacement in mind, here’s an excerpt from a healthy habit list once adapted by Dear Abbey, Pauline Phillips, from the original creator of Al-Anon:
- Just for today, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow.
- Just for today, I will be happy. If I fill my mind with clouds, I will chase them away with sunshine.
- Just for today, I will accept what is. I will correct those things I can correct and accept those I cannot.
- Just for today, I will improve my mind. I will read something that requires effort. I will not be a mental loafer.
- Just for today, I will make a conscious effort to be agreeable. I will be kind to those who cross my path.
- Just for today, I will do something positive to improve my health.
- Just for today, I will gather the courage to do what is right and take responsibility for my own actions.
Just do these things today, and watch your tomorrow’s take care of themselves! Happy 2009!