Be inspired. Have fun. But most importantly, learn something new…and be motivated to TAKE ACTION to change and get better results. For a listing of Sample Speaking Topics and to read some Comments and Testimonials, see below.
Speaking engagements and seminars are a popular way for professionals to share information, help motivate others, educate ourselves, and stay connected in this fast-paced business world.
JFD’s engagements take many different forms:
We speak to groups from 15-20 to several hundred.
We speak at industry conferences; to associations, trade organizations and other professional groups; and at company meetings and retreats. Forty-five (45) minutes to two (2) hours in length is fairly typical.
We are available for one-time half-day and full-day seminars and workshops, or for multiple sessions. We will tailor our offerings to meet your needs.
We cover a wide-range of topics related to professional, organizational, and personal development (see list of Sample Speaking Topics below).
We aim to inform, to spark a new thought, to have fun and be interactive. Most importantly, we strive to motivate people to TAKE ACTION and to make a change so they can achieve better results in an area of their life that is important to them.
To learn more or to schedule a speaking engagement call 919.608.3208 or e-mail email@example.com.
Sample Speaking Topics:
- Making the Shift from Managing to Leading
- Leading Change Effectively
- Taking the Mystery out of Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Fail-Safe Approach To Leadership In A Results-Oriented Organization
- First Step To Great Leadership – Creating A Compelling Vision
- The Real Leadership Challenge – Getting & Maintaining Peak Performance
- The Value of Core Values
- Winning At Sales – Your Business Life Depends On It
- The Secret to Great Sales: A Simple Formula for Asking Great Questions
- 5 Stupid Things Sales People Do That Cost Them Money!
- Achieving Organizational Excellence
- Strategic Thinking: From the Boardroom to the Cubicle
- Successfully Managing Continuous Improvement
- Creating a Culture of Innovation
- Change Management that Works
- The 4 Ways to Inject Passion into Your Organization
- Managing Multi-Generations in the Workplace (Boomers, GenX, GenY-millenials, GenZ)
- A Common Sense Approach to Business Sustainability
- Making Better Decisions with Enhanced Critical Thinking
- Increase Sustained Profitability – Developing A Customer Loyalty Strategy
- The Power Of Customer Loyalty – Points Of Connection
- How To Get A Standing Ovation From Your Customers
- How To Show Customers That You Care
- Effectively Dealing With Difficult People And Situations
- The Power of Habits (Why Change is So Hard)
- Encouraging Healthy Friction at Work
- Play Like a Champion: Success in Everyday Life
- Attitude Is Everything – Banish Negative Thinking
- Cementing Your Value At Work (Every Day is Career Day)
- A “Look in the Mirror”: Self-Awareness is Key
- Winning Hearts and Minds
Goal Setting And Achievement
- The Formula For Success
- Why the Gym Parking Lot is Half-Empty in March
- Goals To Gold
- Making Time Work For You
- The Key to Time Management Isn’t About Managing Time
- Keeping Your Business On Focus – Time Based Strategies
- Why Can’t I Get Everything Done? Get More Out Of Your Day
Comments and Testimonials:
→ Regarding our newsletter, seminars and speaking engagements
“It was great seeing you. You did a FANTASTIC job! Today I used your 3 questions and they were GREAT!! Thanks so much!”
– Professional Business Efficiency Consultant
“Kevin brings a dynamic and confident approach to his thorough knowledge of best business practices.”
– Non profit organization
“Kevin, Thanks for [the workshop] yesterday. Your material was fascinating, and your delivery masterful. I can’t remember a time when a few hours of my day will make such a difference in my life. I can’t wait to put everything I learned into practice!”
– Co-founder and Partner
“[Kevin] was interesting and personable, making the workshop even more enjoyable and engaging. I thought the activities were GREAT! It helped me to see what areas I needed to work on!”
– Executive Administrator, Global healthcare company
“AWESOME job today. Thanks so much for taking the time to meet with our group and to lead a discussion on Time Management. By the time I got back to my office I had already received a couple of emails thanking me for inviting you to our meeting today – good feedback!!”
– Business Manager, Service organization
“Thank YOU so much. It was a fantastic presentation. As I said, everyone was interested and engaged. I received a lot of positive feedback from that presentation. It was very well received and I was happy about how engaged everyone was!”
– Program Coordinator, Professional services membership company
"On behalf of [our state chapter], thank you so much for such an informative, interesting and thought-provoking presentation last week! Our members thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and learning from your expertise."
"(This month's newsletter is) an excellent collage of constructive thought!"
"Very positive information presented in a simple, professional way. Thank you!"
"Kevin- It was great having you share your information with us. It's been 3 days and each day I think back on different aspects of what you told us. Thank you again."
"Kevin, I loved your message "The Choice Is Yours" in your February Idea Letter that I received today! Very well done - it was excellent!! Thank you for sharing your story - it still was very inspiring."
"[Your] newsletter is excellent!! I almost always post something from the newsletter in my office to remember."
"I very much enjoyed Kevin's presentation style; he was professional, relaxed, and so informative."
"He was Great. Kept you engaged. Listened. Is the definition of a good leader. Cool dude. Bring him back next year?: YES!"
"The seminar was extremely informative and I am still reading the notes I took (13 pages worth). Kevin is well-versed in how to network and keep options open in your career. He gave excellent advice on how to open your horizons in your job. We spent a lot of our time on the "You" portion and it was helpful to see how others see you. I would highly recommend this seminar to everyone and have. Overall, I really enjoyed it."
"I appreciated the "discovering your genius section" the best. I did see some real opportunities develop which acted like a kick in the pants [for me]."
"You touched on some important topics and I know our members appreciated the opportunity to learn something new."
"Kevin brings a dynamic and confident approach to his thorough knowledge of best business practices."
"Thank you, the team building presentation was great! It was very interactive, which always helps, informative and on point!!"
"I wanted to say thank you very much for sharing valuable information with us. I truly enjoyed attending this workshop and I believe the information was engaging and inspiring."
"[Kevin] was interesting and personable, making the workshop even more enjoyable and engaging. I thought the activities were GREAT! It helped me to see what areas I needed to work on!"
"AWESOME job today. Thanks so much for taking the time to meet with our group and to lead a discussion on Time Management. By the time I got back to my office I had already received a couple of emails thanking me for inviting you to our meeting today - good feedback!!"
"Thanks for helping make the [member] meeting a big success. My favorite comment was how well you facilitated a discussion about facilitation! It was a great example of how to do it! Wishing you all the best for a great year!"
"I just wanted to thank you for your newsletter. The things that you wrote caused me to refocus and get off the tread mill that I seem to get caught up in from time to time."
"It was great seeing you. You did a FANTASTIC job! Today I used your 3 questions and they were GREAT!! Thanks so much!"
"This session helped me to think about how my attitude will affect my future success."
"Kevin, Thanks for [the workshop] yesterday. Your material was fascinating, and your delivery masterful. I can't remember a time when a few hours of my day will make such a difference in my life. I can't wait to put everything I learned into practice!"
"Because of this webinar, I have already begun to map out some of my plans."
"Just wanted to say thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to come and share your wisdom with us today. There were several practices that I plan on attempting to implement going forward. I even plan on going over some of these ideas with others on our staff."
"Thank YOU so much for all you did to make yesterday's professional development afternoon a huge success. It seems that the wheel activity brought a level of introspection that revealed new things to [our staff]. Our younger staff members, in particular, seem to have much better focus on what their priorities need to be as they work toward their goals - both professional and personal. What a valuable gift you gave to all of us!"
"A very good presentation. I learned a new perspective on what leadership is."
"Thank YOU so much. It was a fantastic presentation. As I said, everyone was interested and engaged. I received a lot of positive feedback from that presentation. It was very well received and I was happy about how engaged everyone was!"
We are based in wonderful Raleigh, NC.